Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Another patch for v1.2.5
From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-01 11:27:46

Probably, but there's two main differences:

1) the TCP btl doesn't have the all-to-one startup issue that causes
the ECONNREFUSED when everyone goes back to the head node (doesn't
even do n-to-n, since it's lazy wireup)

2) the TCP btl doesn't squawk about connection retries nearly as often
and just silently makes it work (this patch also removes an awful lot
of noisy printfs).

So while it wouldn't hurt to update the TCP btl, I don't think it's
necessary (and am definitely calling "not it").

Brian

On Dec 1, 2007, at 1:22 AM, George Bosilca wrote:

> Isn't a similar patch required for the TCP BTL ?
>
> Thanks,
> george.
>
> On Nov 30, 2007, at 4:59 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>
>> Inspired by this thread:
>>
>> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2007/11/4547.php
>>
>> Brian kindly donated a patch to make Linux ECONNREFUSED behavior
>> better in the oob TCP. I filed CMR 1192 to get this into 1.2.5.
>> It's
>> not critical for 1.2.5, but it would be nice to have.
>>
>> --
>> Jeff Squyres
>> Cisco Systems

   Brian Barrett