Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Using MTT to test the newly added SCTP BTL
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-30 14:37:02

On Nov 29, 2007, at 12:13 PM, Karol Mroz wrote:

>> One solution might be to remove the .ompi_ignore but to only enable
>> the SCTP BTL when an explicit --with-sctp flag is given to configure
>> (or something similar). You might want to run this by the [OMPI]
>> group first, but there's precedent for it, so I doubt anyone would
>> object.
>
> The situation at present is that the SCTP BTL only builds on FreeBSD,
> OSX and Linux and only if the SCTP is found to be in a standard place.
> On Linux, for instance, you need to have installed the lksctp
> package in
> order for the SCTP BTL to build. We also have a --with-sctp configure
> option where you can specify the SCTP path should it not be in a
> standard location. If SCTP does not exist on the system, then the BTL
> will not build and more importantly, will not break the build of the
> overall system.

Is this SCTL lksctp package installed by default on any Linux? OS X?
Solaris?

> My question now, is it necessary for us to alter the above
> behavior (as initially mentioned by Jeff), or is having the SCTP BTL
> build iff SCTP is found sufficient?

I think the only thing that matters is what the current default
behavior is -- if the .ompi_ignore is removed, will it hose anyone
unexpectedly? I.e., if they build and run today and it works, then
the .ompi_ignore is removed and you build and run... and it doesn't
work. That my only real concern.

Cisco Systems