Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Multiworld MCA parameter values broken
From: Tim Prins (tprins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-08 14:25:01

The alias option you presented does not work. I think we do some weird
things to find the absolute path for ssh, instead of just issuing the
command.

I would spend some time fixing this, but I don't want to do it wrong. We
could quote all the param values, and change the parser to remove the
quotes, but this is assuming that a mca param does not contain quotes.

So I guess there are 2 questions that need to be answered before a fix
is made:

1. What exactly can a string mca param contain? Can it have quotes or
spaces or?

2. Which mca parameters should be forwarded? Should it be just the ones
from the command line? From the environment? From config files?

Tim