Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] collective problems
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-08 11:26:58

Decrease the latency is the main reason. If we delay the MPI
completion, then we always have to call opal_progress at least once in
order to allow the BTL to trigger the callback. In the current
implementation, we never call opal_progress on small messages, unless
there is some kind of resource starvation.

   Thanks,
     george.