Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI svn-full] svn:open-mpi r16691
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-08 08:02:09

On Nov 8, 2007, at 7:57 AM, Adrian Knoth wrote:

>> All ROMIO patches *must* be coordinated with the ROMIO maintainers.
>
> Upstream? That's the upstream patch.

That was extracted from ROMIO itself? Which release?

> Jiri Polach has extracted the fix for this problem. Updating OMPI to a
> newer ROMIO version should do the trick, so we might want to revert
> r16693 and r16691.

It would be great to upgrade to a newer version of ROMIO. Do you have
the cycles to do it?

If this is slated for v1.3, then I think it would be much better to
back out that patch and then do a real upgrade. I have a few ideas
about making the integration easier (e.g., forget the whole idea of
renaming files -- it was a good idea but has a) turned out to not
really be necessary in practice [even though theoretically it's still
the Right Thing to Do], and b) it's a giant PITA for continual
integration), and Rob Latham has indicated that he was going to put
ROMIO in its own SVN which might make 1 or 2 of the integration issues
easier (but we're certainly not going to grab random snapshots :-) ).
There was a short mail thread about this a while ago on this list.

I'd be happy to point someone in the right direction for ROMIO
maintenance, but I do not have the cycles to do this at the moment.
Probably not until the January/February timeframe, unfortunately...

Cisco Systems