From: Patrick Geoffray (patrick_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-07 23:25:43

Richard Graham wrote:
> The real problem, as you and others have pointed out is the lack of
> predictable time slices for the progress engine to do its work, when relying
> on the ULP to make calls into the library...

The real, real problem is that the BTL should handle progression at
their level, specially when the buffering is due to BTL-level flow
control. When I write something into a socket, TCP will take care of
sending it eventually, for example.

Rich, your clock is one hour late (we change to standard time a couple
of days ago...)

Patrick