From: Brian W. Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-05 16:57:19

This is extremely tricky to do. How do you know which environment
variables to forward (foo in this case) and which not to (hostname).
SLURM has a better chance, since it's linux only and generally only run on
tightly controlled clusters. But there's a whole variety of things that
shouldn't be forwarded and that list differs from OS to OS.

I believe we toyed around with the "right thing" in LAM and early on with
OPen MPI and decided that it was too hard to meet expected behavior.

Brian