From: Tim Prins (tprins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-05 16:45:21

Hi,

After talking with Torsten today I found something weird. When using the SLURM
pls we seem to forward a user's environment, but when using the rsh pls we do
not.

I.e.:
[tprins_at_odin ~]$ mpirun -np 1 printenv |grep foo
[tprins_at_odin ~]$ export foo=bar
[tprins_at_odin ~]$ mpirun -np 1 printenv |grep foo
foo=bar
[tprins_at_odin ~]$ mpirun -np 1 -mca pls rsh printenv |grep foo

So my question is which is the expected behavior?

I don't think we can do anything about SLURM automatically forwarding the
environment, but I think there should be a way to make rsh forward the
environment. Perhaps add a flag to mpirun to do this?

Thanks,

Tim