From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-30 15:06:52

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Tom Mitchell wrote:

> No but there are choices in how pathcc can be invoked and thus what
> frontend and other chunks are active.

$ pathcc -v
QLogic PathScale(TM) Compiler Suite: Version 3.0
Built on: 2007-02-22 13:05:15 -0800
Thread model: posix
GNU gcc version 4.0.2 (PathScale 3.0 driver)

$ pathcc -v -gnu4
QLogic PathScale(TM) Compiler Suite: Version 3.0
Built on: 2007-02-22 13:05:15 -0800
Thread model: posix
GNU gcc version 4.0.2 (PathScale 3.0 driver)

$ pathcc -v -gnu3
QLogic PathScale(TM) Compiler Suite: Version 3.0
Built on: 2007-02-22 13:05:15 -0800
Thread model: posix
GNU gcc version 3.3.1 (PathScale 3.0 driver)

So pathcc effectively uses on this system by default the 4.0 model,
which matches somehow the default compiler on the system. It's only
"somehow" because gcc is actually 4.1 (different minor version), while
on RHEL4 it matches exactly.

> Try adding -gnu4 to the "C" flags and see if the segmentation faults
> exit.

Given that the default seems to be -gnu4, should I expect any change ?
I can't test right now...

> Since you are on Debian it may be interesting to see what
> 'configure' found and what the generated compile line for orterun
> and it's library functions ended up being. This can include the
> "libtool" lines.

Bad timing... I don't have access to the files at the moment, I'll
write back shortly (which probably means tomorrow ;-)).

--
Bogdan Costescu
Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868