From: Sajjad Tabib (stabib_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-29 12:20:34

Hi,

I was issuing an MPI_Bcast in a sample program and was hitting an unknown
error; at least that was what MPI was telling me. I traced through the
code to find my error and came upon MCA_PML_CM_REQUEST_INIT_COMMON macro
function in pml_cm_sendreq.h. I looked at the function and noticed that in
this function the elements of req_status were getting initialized;
however, req_status.MPI_ERROR was not. I thought that maybe MPI_ERROR must
also require initialization because if the value of MPI_ERROR was some
arbitrary value not equal to MPI_SUCCESS then my program will definitely
die. Unless, MPI_ERROR is propragating from upper layers to signify an
error, but I wasn't sure. Anyway, I assumed that MPI_ERROR was not
propagating from upper layers, so then I set req_status.MPI_ERROR to
MPI_SUCCUSS and reran my test program. My program worked. Now, having
gotten my program to work, I thought I should run this by you to make sure
that MPI_ERROR was not propagating from upper layers. Is it ok that I did
a:
"(req_send)->req_base.req_ompi.req_status.MPI_ERROR = MPI_SUCCESS;" in
MCA_PML_CM_REQUEST_INIT_COMMON?

Thank You,

Sajjad Tabib