From: Jinhui Qin (jhqin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-26 14:28:33

Hi Brian,

       Some good news and bad news. According to the information provided
on http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running,

I have enabled X11Forward on all remote nodes, and
added the path to mpirun, which is "/usr/local/bin", on all node, and
 "xhost +" on my localhost, and
set the DISPLAY on all remote nodes as the DISPLAY value of my localhost.
Then,
 I used "mpirun -n [numberPros] --hostfile [filename] arg[0] .." to start
the job on my localhost, it was still not working,

 But, when I explicitly added the "--prefix /usr/local" and "-x
DISPLAY=[localDISPLAYvalue]" to start the job, everything was working: all
xwindows opened by remote nodes were displayed on my localhost machine. I
was so excited! Moreover, with all these --prefix and -x options to do
mpirun through XGrid (i.e. without adding --hostfile ) , it was still
working!

Could you please tell me what things that I missed in setting all remote
nodes as I mentioned in above, so I don't have to type all the options to
start this job?

 (I have also tried to add the prefix "/usr/local" to the PATH of each
remote node as well, it was still not working if without --prefix option).

Thanks for any help.

Jane