From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-23 10:36:40

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Scott Atchley wrote:

> Which version of MX are you using? Are you enabling the MX
> registration cache (regcache)?
>
> Can you try two runs, one exporting MX_RCACHE=1 and one exporting
> MX_RCACHE=0 to all processes?

I don't get to that point... I am not even able to use the wrapper
compilers (f.e. mpif90) to obtain an executable to run. The
segmentation fault happens when Open MPI utilities are being run, even
ompi_info.

> This will rule out any interaction between the OMPI memory manager
> and MX's regcache (either caused by or simply exposed by the
> Pathscale compiler).

As I wrote in my previous e-mail, I tried configuring with and without
the MX libs, but this made no difference. It's only when I disabled
the memory manager, while still enabling MX, that I was able to get a
working build.

--
Bogdan Costescu
Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868