From: Scott Atchley (atchley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-23 10:19:37

On Oct 23, 2007, at 6:33 AM, Bogdan Costescu wrote:

> I made some progress: if I configure with "--without-memory-manager"
> (along with all other options that I mentioned before), then it works.
> This was inspired by the fact that the segmentation fault occured in
> ptmalloc2. I have previously tried to remove the MX support without
> any effect; with ptmalloc2 out of the picture I have had test runs
> over MX and TCP without problems.
> Should I file a bug report ? Is there something else that you'd like
> me to try ?

Which version of MX are you using? Are you enabling the MX
registration cache (regcache)?

Can you try two runs, one exporting MX_RCACHE=1 and one exporting
MX_RCACHE=0 to all processes?

This will rule out any interaction between the OMPI memory manager
and MX's regcache (either caused by or simply exposed by the
Pathscale compiler).

Scott Atchley
Myricom Inc.