From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-22 14:29:32

On Oct 22, 2007, at 12:03 PM, Jennis Pruett wrote:

> The last email I sent with attachements showed up on the devel forum
> as having corrupt files.
>
> Is that a statement? I sent the tar and .gz files.
> They should be fine.

The 2nd file would not un-tar for me. I don't know how it got
corrupted; perhaps the Indiana U. virus scanner whacked it (IU hosts
the Open MPI mailing lists).

> This issue is almost a week old. How do I expedite the
> issue? It is my fault, I know that is part of it, because I
> don't understand the support setup with this project.

This is community-based support. Remember that from our point of
view, the community only got the information that it needed to
support you on Friday afternoon. We try very hard to a) put all the
information you need to get support on the Open MPI web site (the
"getting help" page, the FAQ, the mailing list info pages, etc.), and
b) to answer questions as best as we can on the mailing lists. But
the reality is that since this a free support forum, answers
sometimes take a little while; it's the best that we can do...

For faster support, you might want to contact the Open MPI team at
LANL...?

Cisco Systems