From: David Erukhimovich (daviderukh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-20 12:22:40

Hi Ralph,

2. I do want the user to be able to switch between my way of process
launching, and the default way. I can do it using an mca flag, but I would
prefer a new component. If I is not too defficult for you, please make the
patch, if it is, I'll just use an mca flag.

1. Just remmembered another difficulty I had: I've created a new rds
component identical to the hostfile one. lets call it mosix. Now, orterun
is saving the hostfile path in the mca parameter - rds_hostfile_path or
something like that. when I try to retrieve rds_hostfile_path or
rds_mosix_path in rds_mosix component I always get the default hostfile path
(doesn't matter if I gave an hostfile or not). And I tried everything -
changing names in rds_mosix_component, declaring a new parameter
rds_mosix_path in various places etc. So now I'm just altering the existing
hostfile component.
Do you have any suggestions how to make it work?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you very much for the quick answers

Regards
--David