From: Sajjad Tabib (stabib_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-18 15:59:27

Hi,

I am tried to run an MPI program in a heterogeneous environment using the
pml cm component. However, open mpi returned with an error message
indicating that PML add procs returned "Not supported". I dived into the
cm code to see what was wrong and I came upon the code below, which
basically shows that if the processes are running on different
architectures, then return "not supported". Now, I'm wondering whether my
interpretation is correct or not. Is it true that the cm component does
not support a heterogeneous environment? If so, will the developers
support this in the future? How could I get around this while still using
the cm component? What will happen if I rebuilt openmpi without these
statements?

I would appreciate your help.

 Code:

mca_pml_cm_add_procs(....){

#if OMPI_ENABLE_HETEROGENEOUS_SUPPORT
107 for (i = 0 ; i < nprocs ; ++i) {
108 if (procs[i]->proc_arch != ompi_proc_local()->proc_arch) {
109 return OMPI_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED;
110 }
111 }
112 #endif