From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-18 06:42:20

I just checked the code and to be honest there is no difference,
except for the initialization part. The code is clearly "copy&paste"
from one version to the other. The FORTRAN specific code is related
to the number of elements in the array, in the ompi pointer array we
limit the max size of the array to the largest Fortran integer. I
don't think this is a real limitation, as I doubt anyone will
allocate an array of 2^32-1 pointers. Actually, we can even keep this
max size, as the orte pointer array is not supposed to grow that big
[sic].

At the light of these, it seems there is a 4th option. Merge
orte_pointer_array and ompi_pointer_array in one opal_pointer_array.
I volunteer to do the merge, but not before next week.

   Thanks,
     george.