From: Tim Prins (tprins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-17 22:43:35

Hi,

The openib and udapl btls currently use the orte_pointer_array class.
This is a problem for me as I am trying to implement the RSL. So, as far
as I can tell, there are 3 options:

1. Move the orte_pointer_array class to opal. This would be quite simple
to do and makes sense in that there is nothing in the orte_pointer_array
specific to orte.

2. Change the udapl and openib btls to use a simple C array. There is
currently a ticket filed (https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/727)
to do this in the openib btl.

3. Change the btls to use the ompi_pointer_array. This might not be a
good idea since the above ticket says that the ompi_pointer array was
intentionally not used.

Any of these options are fine with me, although if #2 is picked someone
else would probably need to do most of the work.

Comments?

Thanks,

Tim