From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-11 17:49:33

On Oct 11, 2007, at 5:05 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> George will have to answer this -- George? (he's on pseudo-vacation
> for the next 10 days)

No, no, no. It's not pseudo at all :) It's as real as possible, when
one still have access to email ... Anyway, I'm working out a way to
enjoy every moment out of it !!!

>>> I do not think that this has been tested yet, but are there any
>>> knee-
>>> jerk reactions against doing this?
>>>
>> Can this be done in a tmp branch and tested out before commiting to
>> the
>> 1.2 branch?
>
> I don't see any technical reason why not. It could also be done on a
> 1.2 workspace and tested (just not committed) if the changes are as
> simple as "cp trunk_workspace/ompi/datatype/* v1.2_workspace/ompi/
> datatype".

Meanwhile, I came out with a patch. I include only the fix for the
bug on the mailing list, the fix for the MPI_Get_content on Solaris
(related to the alignment problems) and some other small typos. The
patch is attached to this email and soon will go in the bug report
(ticket 1149) and a new CMR (ticket 1165). I slightly test it, on all
datatype and point-to-point tests on my laptop (MAC OS X) and my
cluster (Debian AMD 64) and everything runs fine.

Sooner it get included in the 1.2.5 release candidate, sooner it will
get intensively tested.

   Thanks,
     george.