From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-11 08:49:10

If you copy the sm btl, be sure to change all function names /
variables from "*btl_sm_..." to "*btl_<your_name_name>_...". The
OMPI configure/build/run system requires that the name of the
component be the same as:

- the directory that it lives in under ompi/mca/btl
- the well-known component struct
- the filename of the DSO

That's how the infrastructure finds your component and all the
relevant parts.

Also, since no one answered this question directly: the shared memory
code is only in two directories:

- ompi/mca/btl/sm
- ompi/mca/common/sm

It's split between those two because it was envisioned that a coll
component may also want to share some data between the sm btl and
itself. Hence, the stuff in "common" can be shared.

On Oct 11, 2007, at 6:46 AM, Aurelien Bouteiller wrote:

> The elegant way is to go the way you are going. Basically you need to
> provide open and close to the mca framework, init and finalize to
> the btl framework and populate all the functions defined in btl.h and
> btl/base/base.h. Copying an already existing btl is the best way not
> to forget anybody in that process. You also need to change names in
> makefile.am. The autogen.sh will do all the smart things and
> recognize and configure your new component. This is that simple :]
>
> Aurelien
> --
> Aurelien Bouteiller, PhD
> Innovative Computing Laboratory - MPI group
> +1 865 974 6321
> 1122 Volunteer Boulevard
> Claxton Education Building Suite 350
> Knoxville, TN 37996
>
> Le 11 oct. 07 à 10:39, Torje Henriksen a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to make my own btl component for shared memory, and
>> use that
>> instead of the sm component.
>>
>> First off I would just copy the current sm component, give it
>> another name
>> and see if I can get that to load instead.
>>
>> Is there an elegant way of adding components, any documentation on
>> this?
>>
>> I've tried to grep for mca_btl_sm etc, but the number of files
>> returned is
>> daunting. Do I have to make changes all around ompi, or is there
>> something
>> I'm missing? Some automagical goodness, maybe? ;)
>>

>> Tanks,
>>
>> -Torje

Cisco Systems