From: Edgar Gabriel (gabriel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-09 10:07:16

Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Is this in the production VT, or is this OMPI-specific functionality?
>
> If it's OMPI-specific functionality, I would vote to not have it.
>
> One of my big problems with this idea is that we lose the concept of
> shipping a single unit of Open MPI. If someone sends us a bug report
> concerning VT, we no longer have a solid idea of what version they
> are running because they may have replaced the one inside their Open
> MPI software.

well, this issue could be however resolved, if ompi_info and friends
would have a way to report the precise version number for VT, isn't it?

Without having any strong feelings one way or the other, I think that
the functionality is great from the end-users perspective. Just my 0.02$...

Thanks
Edgar

--
Edgar Gabriel