From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-09 02:08:24

On Oct 3, 2007, at 12:43 PM, Torje Henriksen wrote:

> I was wondering if you could point me to any information regarding
> these
> components. I got the source code of course, but other than that.

I believe that there are no docs on how the sm btl works, but the
people who wrote it are on this list.

> I would also like to ask some more or less specific questions about
> these
> and probably other parts of Open MPI. Is this the right place for such
> questions?

Yes it is. Sometimes we get busy (e.g., many of us have been at an
MPI conference and a follow-on OMPI engineering meeting for the past
1.5 weeks, so we've been a bit slackful on the email lists...), so if
we don't answer your question within a few days, don't hesitate to
ping us again...

> Thanks for your time, open mpi seems like a very nice project, and
> it's
> fun to be able to mess around with it :)

Thanks! Hopefully it'll be helpful to you.

Cisco Systems