From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-06 15:34:00

On Oct 6, 2007, at 9:08 PM, Andrew Friedley wrote:

> Yeah so the HCA querying/selecting will be good to have separate, as
> well as PD/registration stuff -- for example I copied the mpool rdma
> callback functions verbatim from the OpenIB BTL to the UD BTL. I
> don't
> think QP creation is worth sharing, nor any of the connection
> establishment stuff.

Ha,.

> Which reminds me, can we rename the OpenIB BTL to 'ofrc' as
> discussed on
> a call a long time ago? I will do the work if it's cool with
> everyone.

Can we wait until we bring the common/of stuff back from the tmp
branch? It'll make the changes to the openib BTL significantly
easier to merge.

I don't know Torsten's/Gleb's timeframe for moving everything to
common/of -- my job was to provide the skeleton and I did so. :-)

> Do we care about backwards compatibility of the openib name? I
> might
> need help doing that, but shouldn't be a big deal.

Yes, I very much care about backward compatibility of the openib name
and MCA parameters... This is, as I see it, the biggest issue with
changing the name. Stuff like this has to work:

        mpirun --mca btl openib,self ...
        mpirun --mca btl_openib_foo 32 ...

Cisco Systems