From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-06 07:19:49

FYI: at the meeting in Paris this week, we decided that it would be a
good idea to consolidate some "utility" IB code into mca/common/of
(OpenFabrics) so that it could be shared among multiple components
(e.g., some IB-specific collective components).

Exactly what will be moved into common is still TBD, but some obvious
candidates are HCA information/querying/selecting, protection
domains, etc. QP creation will likely not be worth sharing, but
we'll see. More info later, but I figured it was worth a "heads up"
to everyone before you see the /tmp-public/of-common commit in a few
minutes. :-)

I'll be creating a skeleton mca/common/of pseudo-component shortly;
Gleb and Torsten will likely be populating it in the not-distant future.

Andrew Friedley: you might also want to get in on this stuff...

Cisco Systems