From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-05 16:11:18

On Oct 5, 2007, at 10:08 PM, Rolf vandeVaart wrote:

>> I don't really have an opinion either way, but I think you can turn
>> on *some* debug messages by setting btl_base_verbose to (for example)
>> 100. It looks like these messages are mainly in the BTL base
>> selection logic and the openib BTL.
>>
> Jeff, can you verify that you can get something out with
> btl_base_verbose? My experience is that
> it has no effect at all. After writing the earlier message I realized
> that btl_base_debug is the one
> that affects what comes out. But as I said, this is different then
> all
> the other frameworks and was
> a source of confusion for me.

My bad -- typo -- I meant to say btl_base_debug, not btl_base_verbose.

I was replying to the fact that you said: "In fact, the
debug/verbose code in the btl_base_open.c is such that we can never
turn on verbose messages." I don't think that's a correct statement
because you can "--mca btl_base_debug 100" and get some output.

Cisco Systems