From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-18 11:58:40

As developer of BLCR (used for checkpointing in OMPI) I am currently
working on some changes for the next release (about 6 months away) that
could accidentally break usage of the BLCR library as a dynamically
opened object. I know that at least once in the past, changes I made
broke dlopen() use of our library by LAM/MPI, and the problem was not
noticed until after BLCR was released.

I certainly don't *want* to break dlopen() (or similar) but currently
lack a simple test case suitable for inclusion in "make check"
(configure & make of neither OMPI nor LAM/MPI qualify) to help me detect
such breakage. So, I was hoping that rather than me trying to
understand the details of the MCA module loading code, one of you might
be able to provide a simple example of how module loading is done in
OMPI, or at a minimum point me at which OMPI source files I should be
studying.

Thanks,
Paul

Future Technologies Group