From: Tim Prins (tprins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-13 10:38:19

Hi,

In the configure output, there should be a section like:

--- MCA component mtl:<component name> (m4 configuration macro)
checking for MCA component mtl:<component name> compile mode... dso
checking <header> usability... yes
checking if MCA component mtl:<component name> can compile... yes

Make sure that last line is yes. If it is not, look at the output to see
which configure checks failed. You may need to edit the configure.m4 (if
you have one) in your component directory. There are lots of examples in
the different components of how they should look, such as
ompi/mca/mtl/mx/configure.m4.

Alternatively, if you don't want any configure checks done, don't put a
configure.m4 file in the directory and it should just work after an
autogen.sh run. See ompi/mca/osc/pt2pt/ for an example of a component
that does not do configure checks.

Also, the output in config.log is helpful, as well as looking at what
other components in the same framework do.

Hope this helps,

Tim