From: Aurelien Bouteiller (bouteill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-08 14:34:35

Hi Sajjad,

First it will depend wether you are writing a new component in an
existing framework (let say you are writing a new BTL for a new type
of interconnect) or a totally new framework (you want to have a
family of component that can manage a totally new functionality in
Open MPI). In each Framework there is a "base" which take care of the
component selection process. If you are just adding a component, you
will just need to provide a mca_mycomponent_init(bool
enable_progress_threads, bool enable_mpi_threads) as described in the
mca_component_t structure. The mca_framework_base_select will then
take care of everything for you. If you want to add a new framework
you'll have to create a selection function by yourself (all along
with a full bunch of other functions to populate the base of the
framework). I'll give you more details on this if it is relevant for
you, just ask.

Aurelien