From: Josh Aune (luken_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-24 23:05:14

On 8/24/07, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hmm. If you compile Open MPI with no memory manager, then it
> *shouldn't* be Open MPI's fault (unless there's a leak in the mvapi
> BTL...?). Verify that you did not actually compile Open MPI with a
> memory manager by running "ompi_info| grep ptmalloc2" -- it should
> come up empty.

I am sure. I have multiple builds that I switch between. One of the
apps doesn't work unless I --without-memory-manager (see post to
-users about realloc(), with sample code).

I noticed that there are a few ./configure --debug type switches, even
some dealing with memory. Could those be useful for gathering further
data? What features do those provide and how do I use them?

> The fact that you can run this under TCP without memory leaking would
> seem to indicate that it's not the app that's leaking memory, but
> rather either the MPI or the network stack.

I should clarify here, this is effectively true. The app crashes from
a segfault after running over tcp for several hours, but it gets much
farther into the run than the vapi btl does.