From: Rainer Keller (keller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-23 03:10:24

Hi Terry,
On Wednesday 22 August 2007 16:22, Terry D. Dontje wrote:
> I thought I would run this by the group before trying to unravel the
> code and figure out how to fix the problem. It looks to me from some
> experiementation that when a process matches an unexpected message that
> the PERUSE framework incorrectly fires a
> PERUSE_COMM_MSG_MATCH_POSTED_REQ in addition to a
> PERUSE_COMM_REQ_MATCH_UNEX event. I believe this is wrong that the
> former event should not be fired in this case.
You are right, the former event PERUSE_COMM_MSG_MATCH_POSTED_Q should not be
posted, as this was an unexpected message.

> If the above assumption is true I think the problem arises because
> PERUSE_COMM_MSG_MATCH_POSTED_REQ event is fired in function
> mca_pml_ob1_recv_request_progress which is called by
> mca_pml_ob1_recv_request_match_specific when a match of an unexpected
> message has occurred. I am wondering if the
> PERUSE_COMM_MSG_MATCH_POSTED_REQ event should be moved to a more posted
> queue centric routine something like mca_pml_ob1_recv_frag_match?
I believe, this is correct -- at least this works for a large message late
sender and late receiver test program mpi_peruse.c.
Should be fixed with the committed patch v15947.
Actually, there are two other items, one is a missing
PERUSE_COMM_REQ_REMOVE_FROM_POSTED_Q...

Additionally, we have a problem that we fire PERUSE_COMM_REQ_ACTIVATE event
for MPI_*Probe-function calls. The solution is to move
  the pml_base_sendreq.h / pml_base_recv_req.h
into
  pml_ob1_irecv.c, and resp. pml_ob1_isend.c
Please see the v15945.

With best regards,
Rainer

Dipl.-Inf. Rainer Keller       http://www.hlrs.de/people/keller
 High Performance Computing       Tel: ++49 (0)711-685 6 5858
   Center Stuttgart (HLRS)           Fax: ++49 (0)711-685 6 5832
 POSTAL:Nobelstrasse 19                 email: keller_at_[hidden]
 ACTUAL:Allmandring 30, R.O.030            AIM:rusraink
 70550 Stuttgart