From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-17 08:21:26

I didn't really put this in RFC format with a timeout, but no one
objected, so I have created:

        http://svn.open-mpi.org/svn/ompi/public

Developers should feel free to use this tree for public temporary
branches. Specifically:

- use /tmp if your branch is intended to be private
- use /public if your branch is intended to be public

Enjoy.

On Aug 10, 2007, at 9:50 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Right now all branches under /tmp are private to the OMPI core group
> (e.g., to allow unpublished academic work). However, there are
> definitely cases where it would be useful to allow public branches
> when there's development work that is public but not yet ready for
> the trunk. Periodically, we go an assign individual permissions to /
> tmp branches (like I just did to /tmp/vt-integration), but it would
> be easier if we had a separate tree for public "tmp" branches.
>
> Would anyone have an objection if I added /public (or any better name
> that someone can think of) for tmp-style branches, but that are open
> for read-only access to the public?
>
> --
> Jeff Squyres
> Cisco Systems