From: Pavel Shamis (Pasha) (pasha_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-13 11:28:26

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> I guess reading the graph that Pasha sent is difficult; Pasha -- can
> you send the actual numbers?

Ok here is the numbers on my machines:
0 bytes
mvapich with header caching: 1.56
mvapich without header caching: 1.79
ompi 1.2: 1.59

So on zero bytes ompi not so bad. Also we can see that header caching
decrease the mvapich latency on 0.23

1 bytes
mvapich with header caching: 1.58
mvapich without header caching: 1.83
ompi 1.2: 1.73

And here ompi make some latency jump.

In mvapich the header caching decrease the header size from 56bytes to
12bytes.
What is the header size (pml + btl) in ompi ?

Pasha