From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-03 16:33:51

WHAT: Upgrade to a newer Libtool 2.1 nightly snapshot (we are
currently using 1.2362 2007/01/23) for making OMPI tarballs.

WHY: https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/982 is fixed by newer
Libtool snapshots (e.g., 1.2444 2007/04/10 is what I have installed
at Cisco).

WHERE: In the nightly snapshot generation scripts at IU, with the
Libtool tarball mirrored on http://www.open-mpi.org/svn/building.php.

WHEN: ASAP

I propose that we upgrade the Libtool nightly snapshot that is used
to create the Open MPI nightly snapshot tarballs. Doing so fixes the
Pathscale C++ NULL handle issue described in ticket #982.

I realize that this is changing Libtool in mid-stream for the v1.2
series, but since we're doing so many other things for v1.2.4, this
might not be such a huge change in the overall scheme of things.

Plus, it's a newer version, so it's better, right? ;-)

Cisco Systems