From: Lisandro Dalcin (dalcinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-31 16:52:34

On 7/31/07, Dries Kimpe <Dries.Kimpe_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The MPI_File_get_view description in the standard has some issues related
> to copies and named datatypes:
> see

Indeed, your comment was exactly the source of my comment (BTW, thank
you, this helped me to fix my Python wrappers)

In general, I think MPI standard should be fixed/clarified in many
places regarding to handling of returned references. Testing for
predefined Comm a Group handling is rather easy, but for Datatypes is
really cumbersome. Perhaps a MPI_Type_is_named(MPI_Datatype, int*flag)
would help a lot. What do you think?

Lisandro Dalcín
Tel/Fax: +54-(0)342-451.1594