From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-27 10:31:10

It's not about the app. It's about the MPI standard. With one mpirun
you start one MPI application (SPMD or MPMD but still only one). The
first impact of this, is all processes started with one mpirun
command will belong to the same MPI_COMM_WORLD.

Our mpirun is in fact equivalent to the mpiexec as defined in the MPI
standard. Therefore, we cannot change it's behavior, outside the MPI
2 standard boundaries.

Moreover, both of the approaches you described will only add corner
cases, which I rather prefer to limit in number.

   george.