From: Brian Barrett (bbarrett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-26 15:07:28

On Jul 26, 2007, at 1:01 PM, Mohamad Chaarawi wrote:

>>> That's what i actually was proposing.. keep the flags (there are no
>>> macros, just the GROUP_GET_PROC_POINTER) and the sparse parameters
>>> in the
>>> group strucutre, and this will mean, only 1 maybe 2 #ifs..
>>
>> Why would this mean having the sparse parameters in the group
>> structure?
>
> not sure if i understood your question right, but in the group
> struct we
> added 5 integers and 3 pointer.. if we want to compile these out,
> we would
> then need all the #ifs around the code where we use these parameters..

I don't follow why you would need all the sparse stuff in
ompi_group_t when OMPI_GROUP_SPARSE is 0. The OMPI_GROUP_IS and
OMPI_GROU_SET macros only modify grp_flags, which is always present.

Like the ompi_group_peer_lookup, much can be hidden inside the
functions rather than exposed through the interface, if you're
concerned about the other functionality currently #if'ed in the code.

Brian