From: Lisandro Dalcin (dalcinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-24 12:02:14

> Per Lisandro's comments: I think that if you need a random/valid
> value for an STL map (or similar), malloc(0) is not a good idea to
> use as a key.

OK, regarding comments in this thread, you are completelly right. I am
fine with returning NULL.

BTW, should'nt this issue be commented in the standard? Perhaps in the
errata document? I think there is no a strong need to make it
implementation dependent.

MPI-2 could mandate/suggest that if size=0, the returned pointer is
NULL, but then MPI_Free_mem with a NULL pointer should succeed.

Now a question: What about Fortran ?

--
Lisandro Dalcín