From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-23 21:08:17

Excellent point. Thanks!

I think that this will require a little tomfoolery to fix properly
because we can't simply return NULL (you can't expect to use the
pointer that we return to store anything, but you should be able to
expect to be able to dereference it without seg faulting).

I'll fix a ticket for fixing.

On Jul 23, 2007, at 8:56 PM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:

> If I understand correctly the standard,
> http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi-20-html/node54.htm#Node54
>
> MPI_ALLOC_MEM with size=0 is valid ('size' is a nonnegative integer)
>
> Then, using branch v1.2, I've got the following warning at runtime:
>
> malloc debug: Request for 0 bytes (base/mpool_base_alloc.c, 194)
>
> As always, forget me if this was already reported.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Lisandro Dalcín

Cisco Systems