From: Lisandro Dalcin (dalcinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-23 20:38:39

Using a fresh (2 hours agoo) update of SVN branch v1.2, I've found
that attribute MPI_APPNUM returns -1 (minus one) when an 'sequential'
application is not launched through mpiexec.

Reading the MPI standard, I understand it should return a non-negative
integer if defined, or it should not be defined at all.
If an application was not spawned with MPI_COMM_SPAWN or
MPI_COMM_SPAWN_MULTIPLE, and MPI_APPNUM doesn't make sense in the
context of the implementation-specific startup mechanism, MPI_APPNUM
is not set.

I'm not sure if this is intended, but I report it anyway, sorry if
this is issue was already reported.

Lisandro Dalcín
Tel/Fax: +54-(0)342-451.1594