From: Joshua Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-12 11:13:37

Thanks for the heads up. I've noticed this warning on the Cray
systems here at ORNL, and haven't had a chance to put the fix in yet.

This function is exposed in non-CR builds as a user interface item.
If the user requests a checkpoint of an MPI job that was not compiled
with C/R (or doesn't have it enabled if FT was compiled in) then it
will respond with a nice error message instead of not responding at
all. I go back and forth on cutting this out completely as the tools
to checkpoint shouldn't be built if a user doesn't compile in FT
support.

I'll work on a fix for it in the next couple of days.

Cheers,
Josh

On Jul 12, 2007, at 10:40 AM, Brian Barrett wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2007, at 4:47 PM, Glendenning, Lisa wrote:
>
>> * When linking with libopen-pal, the following warning is normal:
>> 'In
>> function `checkpoint_response': warning: mkfifo is not implemented
>> and
>> will always fail'
>
> Josh -
>
> I thought the checkpoint code wasn't built unless requested. Anyway,
> if you AC_CHECK_FUNCS for mkfifo, it'll fail on the Cray. Can you
> update opal/runtime/opal_cr.c to not have code that calls mkfifo()
> compiled on platforms that don't have mkfifo?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Brian

----
Josh Hursey