From: Lisandro Dalcin (dalcinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-11 22:14:15

On 7/11/07, George Bosilca <bosilca_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The two errors you provide are quite different. The first one has
> been addresses few days ago in the trunk (https://svn.open-mpi.org/
> trac/ompi/changeset/15291). If instead of the 1.2.3 you use anything
> after r15291 you will be safe in a threading case.

Please, take into account that in this case I not used MPI_Init_tread() ...

In any case, sorry for making noise if this was already reported. I
have other issues to report, but perhaps I should try the svn version.
Please, understand me, I am really busy with many things as to be
up-to-date with every source code I use. Sorry again.

> The second is different. The problem is that memcpy is a lot faster
> than memmove, and that's why we use it.

Yes, of course.

> The case where the 2 data
> overlap are quite minimal. I'll take a look to see exactly what
> happened there.

Initially, I though it was my error, but next realized that this seems
to happen in Comm.Split() internals.

--
Lisandro Dalcín