From: Joshua Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-11 09:22:00

On Jul 11, 2007, at 8:09 AM, Terry D. Dontje wrote:

> Jeff Squyres wrote:

>> I was just writing this up in an enhancement ticket when the though
>> hit me: isn't this aggregate MCA parameters? I.e.:
>>
>> mpirun --am tm ...
>>
>> Specifically, we'll need to make a "tm" AMCA file (and whatever other
>> ones we want), but my point is: does AMCA already give us what we
>> want?
>>

> The above sounds like a possible solution as long as we are going to
> deliver a set of such files and not require each site to create their
> own. Also, can one pull in multiple AMCA files for one run thus
> you can
> specify a tm AMCA and possibly some other AMCA file that the user
> may want?

Yep. You can put a ':' between different parameters. So:
  shell$ mpirun -am tm:foo:bar ...
will pull in the three AMCA files 'tm' 'foo' 'bar' in that order of
precedence. Meaning that 'tm' can override a MCA parameter in 'foo',
and 'foo' can override a MCA parameter in 'bar'. And any '-mca'
command line options take a higher precedence than AMCA parameter
files, so could override MCA parameters set by any of 'tm' 'foo' or
'bar'.

I'll put it on my list to make a faq entry for AMCA usage, as I don't
see one.

-- Josh

> --td

----