From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-10 08:12:16

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Do either of these work for you?

Will report back in a bit, I'm now in the middle of an OS upgrade on
the cluster.

But my question was more like: is this a configuration that should
theoretically work ? Or in other words, are there known dependencies
on rsh that would make a rsh-less build not work or work with reduced
functionality ?

> Most batch systems today set a sentinel environment variable that we
> check for.

I think that we talk about slightly different things - my impression
was that the OP was asking about detection at config time, while your
statements make perfect sense to me if they are relative to detection
at run-time. If the OP was indeed asking about run-time detection,
then I apologize for the time you wasted on reading and replying to my
questions...

> That's what the compile-time vs. run-time detection and selection is
> supposed to be for.

Yes, I understand that, it's the same type of mechanism as in LAM/MPI
which it's not that foreign to me ;-)

--
Bogdan Costescu
Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868