From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-07 12:33:57

On Jul 4, 2007, at 2:28 PM, Karol Mroz wrote:

> In order to have this, though, I'd need to be able to fetch the
> context
> and tag information from the header when it arrives at the BTL. This
> data appears to have been transformed somehow when it gets to that
> layer, though, and I'm trying to figure out how. Has something arcane
> been done to this data aside from switching byte ordering?

I have a hard time to figure out how do you know what kind of header
you're working on ? I suspect that looking into the first char in the
pointer you can find out what's there but only if you know what PML
you're working for. That will tie your BTL to a specific PML (right
now I suppose it's OB1). But try to run with DR and you will see that
your approach will not work.

If you really think that getting access to the MPI level tags and
context it's a very important information fro you then the BTL is not
the right way to go. Implement a MTL (the one that work with the CM
PML) instead of a BTL. There you will have access to the full
information of the MPI level. However, keep in mind that you will
lose multi BTL support, all pipeline and fault tolerance features and
that you will have to support by yourself the communications in the
same node and in the same process. But, if you really need the MPI
level information that the only consistent way to do it.

   george.