From: Don Kerr (Don.Kerr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-06 17:20:56

Hola,

Are there any guidelines about the use of opal_output_verbose?
        - Are there hidden meanings for a given verbose level? e.g. 0
reserved for PML, or 50-100 for BTL and so on
        - Maybe the base component output_id is ok to use in situation
XYZ but a component specific output_id should be used in situation ABC?
Or should never be used for component specific output?

Why I ask. I want to report a warning to the user when "--enable-debug"
is not configured. I also do not want the error to show up all the time,
only when for example --mca btl_base_debug is set to some value. I am
thinking I will just use opal_output_verbose but wanted to see if there
were any guidelines about its use? Or if I should be thinking about some
other option all together.

-DON