From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-21 08:20:53

On Jun 17, 2007, at 7:32 AM, Markus Daene wrote:

> 3. I think it will not be possible to use the OpenFabrics kernel/user
> stack. The machine was installed by SUN, it seems that they did not
> use
> the one from OpenFabrics. I guess it will be a hard discussion to
> change
> this and we cannot do this by our own, we will eventually loose the
> support.

Gotcha. I certainly cannot speak for Sun.

But I would assume that, just like Cisco, Sun is driven by customer
requests. Meaning that it takes users asking for features before
they become available and supported. I.e., the fact that you asked
for OFED (assuming that other users are also asking for OFED) will
probably help Sun in setting priorities for deciding what to install
and support, etc.

My point is: you have nothing to lose by asking. All they can do is
say "no", but you are providing valuable feedback to Sun just by asking.

Cisco Systems