From: Patrick Geoffray (patrick_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-13 22:01:20

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Let's take a step back and see exactly what we *want*. Then we can
> talk about how to have an interface for it.

I must be missing something but why is the bandwidth/latency passed by
the user (by whatever means) ? Would it be easier to automagically get
these values by probing the hardware or have the BTL do an educated
guess ? You can figure out at runtime the link rate of an eth device for
example. You would want have a complicated way to force any value, but
the default should be invisible, no ?

Patrick