From: Jack Howarth (howarth_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-29 09:35:27

Ralph,
    I don't know why such patches should be harder to
maintain in Windows than on Darwin. All you do is
the equivalent to...

cd /sw/lib/openmpi/lib
nm * | grep environ

and if you see environ undefined, identify which library
it is in and which object file it came from. I would also
note that my patch reveals that several instances of the
environ variable being declared that are missing the Windows
wrappers. So if anything, adding the Darwin patch will
increase the probability that both targets are properly
maintained.
             Jack