Open MPI logo

Open MPI Development Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Development mailing list

From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-23 12:43:30


Thanks Ralph. I confirm, the problem seems to be fixed by your last
commit.

Thanks,
   george.

On May 23, 2007, at 12:32 PM, Ralph H Castain wrote:

> Okay, this is now fixed as of r14732.
>
> Thanks (and apologies) to George for spotting it.
>
> Ralph
>
>
>
> On 5/23/07 9:57 AM, "Ralph H Castain" <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Actually, I think that is true (got back earlier than expected).
>> The problem
>> really is that we had multiple compensating errors combined with
>> an error
>> return that wasn't being checked.
>>
>> I'll try to fix the basic problem(s).
>>
>>
>> On 5/23/07 9:31 AM, "Josh Hursey" <jjhursey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't looked at this at all, but that line changed in r6813
>>> which
>>> was Aug. 2005 so I would guess the problem is elsewhere. However
>>> with
>>> the recent ORTE changes maybe this is a side effect.
>>>
>>> -- Josh
>>>
>>>
>>> On May 23, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Ralph H Castain wrote:
>>>
>>>> Just a quick glance (running out door) - it looks like Josh
>>>> commented out a
>>>> critical piece of code in the rds hostfile component at line 442.
>>>> It loads
>>>> the cell info into the name service so it can correctly respond to
>>>> the query
>>>> you cite below.
>>>>
>>>> You might try restoring that code - if you do, check to be sure you
>>>> still
>>>> get a local_cellid=0 to be safe. If not, I'll have to fix it later
>>>> today for
>>>> you.
>>>>
>>>> I'm unaware of any recent changes, though, that would have
>>>> caused that
>>>> behavior to suddenly surface - unless this got changed recently?
>>>> Certainly,
>>>> nothing I installed in the last few days would have caused it to
>>>> appear.
>>>>
>>>> I've been running the trunk on both my Mac and odin for the last
>>>> several
>>>> days without incident.
>>>>
>>>> Ralph
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 5/23/07 8:41 AM, "George Bosilca" <bosilca_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Folks,
>>>>>
>>>>> Starting from yesterday I'm unable to run any Open MPI
>>>>> application. I
>>>>> get an error in the schema URM component, which complain about a
>>>>> missing something ...
>>>>>
>>>>> [dancer:01083] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in
>>>>> file ../../../../
>>>>> ompi-trunk/orte/mca/schema/base/schema_base_fns.c at line 163
>>>>> [dancer:01083] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in
>>>>> file ../../../../
>>>>> ompi-trunk/orte/mca/rds/base/rds_base_registry_fns.c at line 81
>>>>> [dancer:01083] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in
>>>>> file ../../../../../ompi-trunk/orte/mca/rmgr/urm/rmgr_urm.c at
>>>>> line 398
>>>>>
>>>>> The only thing I'm doing which is not completely default is that I
>>>>> specify the rds_hostfile_path in my Open MPI configuration file. I
>>>>> trim down the host file as well as the config file to their bare
>>>>> minimum but the errors is still popping up. I tried to reinstall
>>>>> everything cleanly from the beginning but it didn't solve any
>>>>> issue.
>>>>>
>>>>> I'm the only one having issues right now ? Any idea on how to
>>>>> solve it ?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> george.
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> devel mailing list
>>>>> devel_at_[hidden]
>>>>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> devel mailing list
>>>> devel_at_[hidden]
>>>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> devel mailing list
>>> devel_at_[hidden]
>>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> devel mailing list
>> devel_at_[hidden]
>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> devel mailing list
> devel_at_[hidden]
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel



  • application/pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s