From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-07 20:37:17

On May 7, 2007, at 6:09 PM, Steve Wise wrote:

>> You'd probably be better asking this question on the Open MPI mailing
>> lists, not here. :-)
>>
>> FWIW, yes, adding RDMA CM support has actually been on my to-do list
>> for a while, but it keeps getting bumped by higher priority items.
>> It would be *much* better if some iWARP companies got involved in
>> Open MPI...
>
> Chelsio's gonna pony up the resources to get this work done asap. Do
> you have any thoughts on how we can collaborate on this project? I'm
> familiar with mvapich, not ompi, so I need to go do some homework.
> But
> any pointers on the connection setup design for ompi would be great.

Excellent! Let's chat on the phone tomorrow -- this would probably
be the best way to start.

We will need a signed Open MPI 3rd party contribution agreement from
either you and/or Chelsio (whoever owns the intellectual property
that will be contributed). See http://www.open-mpi.org/community/
contribute/.

> I'm CCing devel_at_[hidden] in case anyone else is interested in
> helping. Chelsio can provide rnic HW...

Anyone else here interested? Free hardware! :-)

Cisco Systems